Our church holds the historic doctrines of the Methodist Church, yet tries to express them and live them in very contemporary and practical ways.
So, what does that mean?
It means that we believe the following:
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God, inerrant in the originals
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ is the only Savior and the only way to salvation and everlasting life. We believe in His deity as well as His virgin birth, death, resurrection, ascension, and imminent return.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in the blood atonement of Christ, with repentance of sins.
- The Biblical account of creation and all other supernatural acts of God recorded in the Scriptures are true.
Man was created a free moral agent and remains so all the days of his life, with the God-given freedom to choose or reject God throughout one's life.
"The Bible is the infallible Word of God, inerrant in the originals"
- The believer can be cleansed from all sin through the sanctifying power of the blood of Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit.
- There is to be a resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal damnation
- We believe and practice two ordinances - Baptism (choice of mode) and the Lord's Supper.
- We believe also in free America. We love and respect our nation, its leaders, its laws, its flag, and its Constitution.